I thought these were interesting facts. I have been using cloth grocery bags for a little over a year now and one of them recently busted (errm, bag boys fill them too heavy) so I was ordering a few extras and came across these little tidbits:
"Did you know?"
The petroleum used to make 18 plastic bags could drive a car for 1 mile?
The EPA estimates that it takes a plastic bag over 500 years to decay in a landfill?
The average person’s plastic bag legacy will be 4.175 million years?
The worldwide consumption of plastic bags is over 500 billion, over 1 million per minute?
How interesting. I love my cloth bags. I use them not only at the grocery store but to tote things around, for library books, at Wally World and the mall. They are very convenient and sturdy, well until baggers keep filling them too full.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment